Administrative Assistant – Anglican Parish of Christ Church
Job Description: Administrative Assistant –30 hours per week
Come make a difference!
The Anglican Parish of Christ Church is seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant to support its ministerial staff and church office operations. This is a temporary position until March 2020. The successful candidate should be comfortable in a church environment and have knowledge of the church calendar, language and structures. This person must be able to multi-task with minimal supervision, be flexible in their job routine, work as a team member in a collaborative environment, and relate well to other church staff, parishioners and visitors.
Salary is commensurate based on experience. See the following detailed position description for specific duties and required skills.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter outlining their interest in the position and the gifts and skills they possess along with resume. Applications will be accepted by mail or email at the addresses below until the position is filled. Resumes will be reviewed as received.
Closing date: February 20, 2019
Start Date: March 2019
email to: email@example.com
The individual in this position provides administrative support in carrying out the operational responsibilities of the church office. This individual is also the primary administrative assistant for the rector of the parish. The successful candidates carries out these functions while providing a cheerful and organized atmosphere for all who enter or contact the church, meeting the needs of staff, guests, volunteers, and parishioners with care and discretion.
Administrative Office/Clerical Support
- Prepare weekly bulletin for Sunday services
- Preparing and mailing correspondence and answering emails and in-coming calls
- Prepare meeting packages, reports and presentations, and taking minutes
- Scheduling of lay volunteers for Sunday ministries
- Assist in the clerical work for weddings, funerals and baptisms
- Schedule rector’s appointments and parish meetings
- General reception duties and answering the telephone.
- Manage parish rentals
- Other duties as assigned
Special Skills, Knowledge and Training – The Administrative Assistant should:
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience in an Administrative Assistant position, preferably supporting multiple people.
- Experience working in a church/religious environment is an asset
- Have strong clerical skills to include:
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Proficiency with desktop publishing, Facebook and/or web page skills are an asset.
- Strong organizational skills
- Have effective verbal, writing and editorial skills (proficient in English).
- Have a caring attitude, excellent people skills, high integrity and exercise strict discretion and confidentiality.